Your Next Job:


Latest Vacancies

FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)

Click to expand each question:

What do I need to bring with me to the interview at Key Stage Teacher Supply?
  • A completed application form. Download an application form here. You must cover the last 10 years of employment history, or back to compulsory education – whichever is the most recent. For dates, please make sure that you include the months and years. We also ask that you provide details of any gaps in your employment history over the last 10 years.
  • Names and contact details for your references: We need to obtain 3 written professional references to cover the previous 5 years. At least 1 must be from your most recent employer. It is important to refer to our Reference Criteria form when providing this information. Not having the correct information may mean a significant delay in your registration.It is important that we are able to obtain these references within 2 weeks, so please advise your referees prior to us applying for them.
  • Qualifications – We will need to see all original qualifications that are legally required for the job: PGCE/QTS/QTLS/Degree Certificate/UK NARIC check for all overseas candidates/NNEB/NVQ.

  • Induction Certificate – We need to have evidence that your NQT induction period has been completed. (This is only required for those teachers that qualified after 1999).

  • Proof of Identity – We need to see one of the following original documents:

  • Valid passport

  • UK or EU driving licence – both paper and photo card parts

  • Full form birth certificate – where there has been a name change from that shown on the birth certificate, this must be supported by an original name change document i.e. marriage certificate, or deed poll.

  • Proof of addressWe need to see two original documents (one proof of address must be no older than 3 months old and we cannot accept insurance documents or mobile phone bills)

  • Current UK driving licence

  • Bank/Building society statement issued in the last 3 month

  • Utility or council tax bill issued in the last 3 month

  • Council tax statement issued in the last 12 months

  • P46/ P60 issued in the last 12 months

  • Proof of National Insurance number – We need to see one of the following documents:

  • National Insurance card

  • P45/ P60

  • Letter from HMRC or Benefits Agency stating your NI number

  • Payslip from your previous employer, stating your NI number

  • Teacher Reference Number (TRN) – This is for the purpose of our on-line check with the National College for Teaching and Leadership to ensure all teachers registered with Key Stage Teacher Supply have a valid qualification (QTS or QTLS ) and that there are no active restrictions against them.

  • Education and Training Foundation Membership Number (formerly IFL number) – This is applicable to FE teachers only.

  • Current Enhanced DBS Certificate – we are only able to accept an Enhanced DBS check via another agency/employer as long as you are subscribed to the DBS Update Service. We must also have sight of your original Enhanced DBS certificate. If you are not able to provide us with the original document and you are not subscribed, we will need to process a new DBS check. The current charge is £48.00.
  • Overseas Candidates – If you have worked/lived overseas for the last 5 years for a period of 6 months or more, we need you to obtain an Overseas Police check. If this cannot be obtained then an appropriate letter of Good Conduct must be obtained.

  • Overseas Trained Teachers – Evidence of applying to the National College for Teaching and Leadership for the award of QTS is required. Please refer to

  • Bank/Building Society detailsWe operate a weekly BACs system so your correct bank details are required.

  • Two passport size photographs
  • Up to date CV (See the CV template here).
  • Evidence of Quality and Learning – Please provide us with your recent lesson observations and if you are an NQT we need to see your Career Entry Profile.

Does Key Stage Teacher Supply contribute to a pension scheme?
How do I prepare for interview?
The main part of our recruitment process is your formal interview which will last approximately 60-90 minutes. This will be conducted by a fully trained consultant.

The aim of the interview is find out about your needs and to determine your suitability to work on supply through Key Stage Teacher Supply.

You will be asked a series of formal questions related to your experiences, teaching strategies and methods. We have high expectations and strive to provide only the best candidates for the students in our schools.

Please take the time to prepare for your interview.

Top tips for a good interview:

  • Arrive 10 minutes before your interview.
  • First impressions count so dress smartly. Come along as though you are going for an interview at a school. This means smart and business- like.
  • Body language – it is important to conduct yourself in a professional manner.
  • Come along with your completed application form and relevant documentation (we can not accept incomplete applications).
  • Teacher Interview Tips
  • Government website
How can I contact Key Stage Teacher Supply?
Our office hours are from 7.30am until 5.00pm Monday to Friday throughout the year except Bank Holidays. At Key Stage Teacher Supply we also operate an on-call service until 9.00pm Monday to Sunday. Any message left after 9.00pm will be picked up at 7.30am the following morning and dealt with immediately.

Do I have to pay to join Key Stage Teacher Supply?
No – the service we provide is free of charge to all candidates.

How often will I be working?
At Key Stage Teacher Supply we endeavour to get you as much work as possible, dependant on your specific needs. Be are very busy all year round, and that is why we continually recruit supply staff.

What if I can only work part time?
It does not matter how many days you are available. At Key Stage Teacher Supply we aim to fulfil your needs. Make sure you contact your local office regularly to advise when you are available.

What if I find work myself?
Simply let us know and we will make a note to contact you when you are available again.

I have registered with you before – what do I need to do?
If you have previously registered with or worked for Key Stage Teacher Supply we will need to re-register you. Depending on how long it has been, we may need you to come into the office again. For the purpose of our APSCo Compliance+ audit checks we will need to obtain references to cover your work history or any gaps in your employment. We may also need to complete a new Enhanced DBS check.

How often do I get paid?
All Teachers and Support Staff get paid on a weekly basis. Teachers are paid at a daily rate based on 5.5 hours and support staff are paid hourly. You are paid for the time that you spend working only – this does not include lunch periods.

Are we paid for travel expenses?
No, but in special circumstances if a particularly long journey is made, we may be able to contribute. This is a decision made at the discretion of your local office’s Branch Manager.

How much do I get paid?
Teachers and Support Staff rates of pay are based on experience and qualifications. At your interview at Key Stage Teacher Supply we will take this into account and ensure you receive a competitive rate.

What do I need to ensure I am paid on time?
A signed timesheet or an approved timesheet – Key Stage Teacher Supply operates 2 methods of timesheets. You will be advised by your branch whether you will fill out an online or paper timesheet at any given school/nursery. You can download a timesheet by clicking here. Alternatively, contact your local office for some to be emailed out to you.

Remember: It is your responsibility to return signed timesheets to Key Stage Teacher Supply by 10.00am Monday of the week after you have worked. If you have worked in several schools we will need a signed timesheet for each school. The Headteacher or the person you have been asked to report to must sign them.

I am an overseas trained teacher can I work with Key Stage Teacher Supply?
Of course – as long as you are living in the UK and have the necessary documentation to work.
In accordance to the Training Agency and DfE, here are certain requirements that you need to achieve if you have been working in the UK for nearly 4 years.
For more information please visit The Training Agency and search for overseas trained teachers.

What is the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR)?
The Agency Worker Regulations 2010 came into force on 1 October 2011.

The regulations will give agency workers the entitlement to the same or no less favourable treatment as comparable employees with respect to basic employment, pay and working conditions, if and when they complete a qualifying period of 12 weeks in a particular job.

Full guidance can be found on or ask a member of the branch staff.

If you have any further questions please contact your local office and we will be happy to help.

Back to top