Supply Teaching Jobs (Lancashire, Cumbria & North West)
|Duration||Required immediately – permanent position|
|Position||Permanent Nursery Manager – Preston|
|Rate of Pay||Dependent on experience|
|Date Posted||March 8, 2018|
We are looking for a permanent Nursery Manager for an Early Years setting in Preston. The successful candidate will be an experienced professional who canÂ provide the children with a wide variety of learning experiences and a safe, secure and caring environment in which they can grow and develop.
- To effectively manage the day to day running of the nursery following all policies and procedures and ensure that staff adhere to these policies at all times
- To make every endeavour to recruit and retain children
- To recruit and ensure the employment of suitable and experienced staff, with the appropriate skills and qualifications, to check all references and carry out checks as legally required and to build a strong team with a wide variety of strengths
- To effectively manage all staff to ensure they fulfil their job role as set out in the staff handbook and to ensure all staff comply with the companyâ€™s dress code maintaining a high standard of personal presentation.
- To ensure that they undergo full safeguarding training and take lead responsibility as safeguarding co-ordinator within the nursery and ensure that a second person within the nursery receives the training and takes up secondary responsibility for this role
- To act as a good example, to be supportive and consistent with all staff to develop a strong and committed team following policies at all times
- To effectively manage nursery budgets, to invoice parents and collect all fees.
- To keep strict control of all consumables, monies and stocks on the premises and maintain appropriate financial records, and to adhere to company procedure for the collection of outstanding accounts
- To keep yourself informed and educated on new legislation and changes in childcare practices and attend any training as required
- To liaise and develop good working relationships with all regulatory bodies and all other external agencies e.g. local EYDCPâ€™S
- To ensure all health and safety policies are implemented paying particular attention to fire drills and equipment and premises maintenance
- To liaise with directors and provide them with all required or requested information
- To develop effective relationships with parents and provide them with information on a regular basis about the nursery and to hold regular parent meetings/open days/evenings and other social events to help develop this relationship
- To deal with complaints promptly within company policy and keep directors informed of these
- To promote the nursery and make links within the local community to help maintain the companyâ€™s good reputation and high occupancy
- To induct new employeeâ€™s, carry out staff evaluations and maintain all staff records
- To maintain and ensure the safety of the premises with particular reference to the safety of the children and to ensure that all buildings maintenance is carried out in a timely, safe manner protecting the children at all times
- To hold regular staff meetings and inform staff of any changes which may affect them or the children in the nursery
- To ensure that accurate records are kept on all children and staff
- To carry out, the requirements of the company disciplinary and grievance procedure
- To carry out all other duties as requested by managing director
- To be aware of safeguarding policies and procedures within each local authority that they operate and to understand that they are legally personally accountable for safeguarding children and improving outcomes
Apply online, or call Andrea on 01524 597170.
Key Stage Teacher Supply is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults. We hold a face-to face interview, take three references covering a five-year period (including two current professional references), and conduct a DBS check on all candidates before they go out to work.