Overseas Trained Teachers
We welcome the opportunity to work with overseas trained teachers. Not only is it a valuable experience for students to encounter people of different cultures, but also for you to learn more about the British National Curriculum and methods of teaching.
We employ teachers who are overseas born/trained/citizens providing that they are already in the UK and have the necessary documentation.
Before we can work with you we will need to obtain the following:
- Translation of qualifications – completed by UK NARIC
- Valid work visa – if applicable
- Identification/Proof of eligibility to work – we need to see at least two of the following: Valid Passport,Birth Certificate, Driving Licence, Marriage Certificate (if your name has changed since qualifying we need to see this)/NI card
- Overseas Police check/ Certificate of Good Conduct – if you have been in the UK for less than 3 months
- Enhanced DBS check and subscription to the Update Service
- 3 names & addresses of current referees – at least one must be your most recent employer or placement – we need to obtain references that cover a minimum of 5 years
For further information visit the Overseas Trained Teacher Program
“I am an Overseas Trained Teacher from Canada who has been teaching in the elementary school panel for the past seven years. I recently took a one year leave of absence from my school to move to England and teach. Keystage Teacher Supply came highly recommended as the agency I should try to work for.
Everyone at Keystage was so friendly and welcoming during the interview process and have been ever since. They work so hard to get as much work for you as possible, and do their best to match you with schools and classrooms that work for you.
I have been extremely lucky with Keystage, and find myself working 4-5 days most weeks. Keystage has always been extremely accommodating and helpful. It’s quite clear that they want the best for their teachers and will do whatever they can for them.
I would highly recommend Keystage Teacher Supply to anyone who is looking for a wonderful experience to teach overseas, or who is just starting on their teaching journey and looking to gain experience in the classroom.”