Saturday 22nd September CPD workshop
As part of Key Stage Teacher Supply’s commitment to our supply teachers’ CPD, we have organised a workshop designed to inspire and motivate teachers in KS1 and KS2 to use a range of exciting approaches to teaching and learning.
It is going to be an interactive and very informative day and will be facilitated by two leading Primary Consultants.
Enhancing mathematics assessment and planning challenging problem solving and reasoning activities
The planning of interesting and challenging daily mathematics lessons lies at the heart of pupil progress. Pupils need to successfully apply their mental and written calculation strategies to solve more and more complex problems. This training will give all supply teachers the opportunity to explore a wide range of resources available to enhance their current mathematics provision for the using and applying strand for mathematics.
- To focus on good assessment practices which will enable supply teachers to indentify their pupils’ next steps in learning and adapt their teaching to individual needs and aspirations.
- To support all supply teachers in the use of APP materials for mathematics.
- To update on the Primary Framework and the share a range of materials to support planning and assessment.
- To share practical approaches and resources and update knowledge of assessment for learning (AFL) strategies to ensure quality teaching and learning.
Developing higher order reading skills
The development of reading continues to be high priority in all primary schools. The teaching of higher order reading skills is essential in order to develop pupil understanding from basic reading fluency and literal retrieval of information to the more advanced skills of inference and deduction and responding to author’s use of language.
- To raise awareness of the teaching of higher order reading skills
- To focus on developing inference and deduction
- To reflect on ways to develop a reading rich environment
- To share ideas and resources
Date: Saturday 22nd September 2012
Venue: Chorley Woodlands Conference Centre, Southport Road, Chorley Lancashire PR7 1QR
Time: 9 am – 4 pm
Cost : £60.00 including lunch and refreshments
We anticipate a lot of interest in this workshop so e-mail now on email@example.com to book your place. You do not need to be registered with us to attend the event but we will need immediate payment.
The team at Key Stage Teacher Supply look forward to seeing you on the 22nd September.